1 hr 15 mins
With 264 calories and 9 g fat per serving, this is healthy and tasty too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces with green and white parts separated
- 2 lbs pork loin, trimmed of fat and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup dry sherry
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 6 medium carrots, cut into thin bite-sized strips
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1In a 4-quart Dutch oven, brown meat and garlic in oil.
- 2Drain and add the white onion pieces, 2 1/2 cups water, soy sauce, sherry, ginger, red pepper, fennel, and five-spice powder.
- 3Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to simmer.
- 4Simmer 30 minutes, add carrots and return to a boil.
- 5Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 35 minutes or til meat and carrots are tender.
- 6Skim off fat.
- 7In a small bowl, stir together 1/4 cup cold water and flour.
- 8Stir into the meat mixture and add green onion parts.
- 9Cook and stir til thickened and bubbly.
- 10Cook at stir 1 minute more.
- 11Serve over rice or noodles.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Szechwan Pork Stew (Low Fat & Low Calorie)
Serving Size: 1 (373 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 438.6
- Calories from Fat 203
- Total Fat 22.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 90.7 mg
- Sodium 1000.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 33.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: