1/2 Photos of Spicy Sweet Potato (Yam) Pasty
1 hr 5 mins
Boo L's Note:
A sweet potato and carrot mix with feta cheese, wrapped in shortcrust pastry. This is one of my first real forays into a recipe made up on the spot with what you have in the cupboard, so I'm quite proud! This also keeps well wrapped in foil in the fridge, for a lighter meal with a salad. I've also tried this with just sweet potatoes (although the carrot enhances the flavour) and with spinach (about 125g) instead of broccoli.
My Private Note
large p ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to GM6 (200C / 400F).
- 2Chop the sweet potato and carrot into small chunks, about 1cm-1.5cm across.
- 3Crush the garlic onto a layer of foil, and sprinkle over the cumin and chilli powder.
- 4Put the sweet potato and carrot onto the foil, and roil them in the spices.
- 5Wrap the veg up completely, so that they bake rather than roast, and put them in the oven for 35 minutes.
- 6Meanwhile roll out your shortcrust pastry to make a rectangle about 12" by 9".
- 7Break up 100g of feta cheese and crumble it across half of the pastry (leaving a gap of about half an inch around the outside of the filling).
- 8Cut the broccoli into very small pieces and dot in between and over the feta.
- 9When the baking veg comes out of the oven mash it well. If it won't mash, put it back into the oven until it's soft enough to do so.
- 10Spread the mash over the broccoli and feta and then top with the remaining feta.
- 11Fold the other half of the pastry over the filling, and push it down well to seal the pasty.
- 12Wash with egg or milk and bake at GM 7 (425 F / 220C).
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Sweet Potato (Yam) Pasty
Serving Size: 1 (412 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 806.3
- Calories from Fat 426
- Total Fat 47.3 g
- Saturated Fat 15.3 g
- Cholesterol 33.3 mg
- Sodium 1131.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.9 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 18.2 g