Recipe by LindseyCockrell
This soup is so complex, looks so pretty served and is so simple to make. Who would think it's SO healthy! I made it at home after having it several times at a local fine dining restaurant. I took a stab at making it without a recipe and it turned out great!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled, cut up and boiled
- 1 cup roasted red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, diced and sauteed
- 32 ounces reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons hot chili oil
- 3 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- After sweet potatoes are boiled, drain, put back into dutch oven or large pot, add stock.
- Add diced roasted red bell peppers (roast your own if you like), butter & sauteed onion to potatoes & broth mixture.
- Blend until smooth with a stick blender (or regular blender).
- Season to taste, adding sugar if you think you need it.
- Serve in bowls, adding about a tablespoon of goat cheese to each serving.
- Drizzle each bowl with a little hot chili oil, which you can find in asian markets.