Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
If you love the cuisine from the Middle East, you are sure to love these. I have also made these using ground chicken but I think beef tastes best.
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb lamb
- 1⁄2 cup long-grain rice, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 medim garlic clove, crushed in garlic press
- 1 -2 fresh hot pepper, minced and seeds discarded (may substitute with cayenne pepper to taste)
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander or 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 5 bell peppers
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce or 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato soup
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Boil rice in a saucepan with three cups boiling salted water for 10 minutes. Rinse with cold water and drain well.
- Heat two tablespoon oil in a skillet, add onion and cook over low heat until softened. Let cool.
- Mix with remaining stuffing ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut tops off of peppers and remove stem, core and seeds.
- Spoon stuffing into peppers and cover with reserved pepper tops. Stand peppers in a baking dish into which they just fit.
- Pour tomato sauce over peppers.
- Sprinkle peppers with oil.
- Bake uncovered about 1 hour or until very tender.
Delicious! Thanks for posting! Easy to make too!