A quick chicken stir-fry from BHG. It does the trick when you are short on time.
Make and share this Spicy Stir-Fried Chicken with Cashews recipe from Food.com.
- 340.19 g boneless skinless chicken breast half
- 29.58 ml oyster sauce
- 14.79 ml fish sauce or 14.79 ml soy sauce
- 14.79 ml brown sugar
- 9.85 ml cornstarch
- 78.07 ml cold water
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2-4 fresh red chili peppers, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 4.92 ml minced garlic
- 118.29 ml roasted cashews, unsalted or salted
- hot cooked rice
- Cut chicken breasts into bite size pieces; set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the oyster sauce, fish sauce, brown sugar, and cornstarch; add in the water; stir and set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet or wok over medium high heat.
- Stir-fry onion for 1 minute.
- Add in the chile peppers and garlic; stir fry 1-2 minutes or until onion gets crisp-tender.
- Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add chicken to skillet and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Push chicken over to the side of the skillet.
- Add sauce to the middle of the skillet; stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Put onion mixture back into the skillet; stir everything together to coat with the sauce; cook for 1 more minute.
- Add in cashews; stir.
- Season if desired with salt/pepper.
- Serve right away over hot cooked rice.