1/2 Photos of Spicy Stir-Fried Chicken with Cashews
A quick chicken stir-fry from BHG. It does the trick when you are short on time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast half
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce or 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 -4 fresh red chili peppers, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup roasted cashews, unsalted or salted
- hot cooked rice
- 1Cut chicken breasts into bite size pieces; set aside.
- 2In a bowl, mix together the oyster sauce, fish sauce, brown sugar, and cornstarch; add in the water; stir and set aside.
- 3Heat oil in a skillet or wok over medium high heat.
- 4Stir-fry onion for 1 minute.
- 5Add in the chile peppers and garlic; stir fry 1-2 minutes or until onion gets crisp-tender.
- 6Remove from skillet and set aside.
- 7Add chicken to skillet and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until no longer pink.
- 8Push chicken over to the side of the skillet.
- 9Add sauce to the middle of the skillet; stir until thickened and bubbly.
- 10Put onion mixture back into the skillet; stir everything together to coat with the sauce; cook for 1 more minute.
- 11Add in cashews; stir.
- 12Season if desired with salt/pepper.
- 13Serve right away over hot cooked rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Stir-Fried Chicken with Cashews
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 297.8
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 49.3 mg
- Sodium 763.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 23.3 g