Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Courtesy of Cooking Light.
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chipotle chile in adobo, canned in adobo sauce, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup avocado, chopped
- 8 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 8 slices tomatoes
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Stir in chicken, pepper and avocado.
- Divide chicken mixture evenly among 4 bread slices. Top each with 2 tomato slices and 1 lettuce leaf.
- Cover with remaining 4 bread slices.
What a wonderful sandwich. I really expected it to be spicier, instead it was just enough heat, which complimented the coolness of the avacado. Not at all like a chicken salad. The only thing wrong, was there wasn't any left to take for lunch the next day. Next time I think I will make it with smoked chicken. Yummy! Made for PAC Fall 2008.
We really expected this to be a little more on the fiery side, which was a slight disappointment for us.
DH threw in a couple of slices of crispy bacon and a slice of cheese for good measure...and gently heated his in the toaster oven for a few minutes....which certainly didn't hurt it !!
A good sandwich...just needed more fire for our taste.
Made for PRMR.
This is a delicious sandwich. The heat of the chicken with the taste of the sourdough bread was a great combination. My husband made according to the directions; we will make again for a quick meal.