Recipe by rickoholic83
Courtesy of Cooking Light.
Top Review by TheGrumpyChef
What a wonderful sandwich. I really expected it to be spicier, instead it was just enough heat, which complimented the coolness of the avacado. Not at all like a chicken salad. The only thing wrong, was there wasn't any left to take for lunch the next day. Next time I think I will make it with smoked chicken. Yummy! Made for PAC Fall 2008.
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chipotle chile in adobo, canned in adobo sauce, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup avocado, chopped
- 8 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 8 slices tomatoes
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves