Recipe by Lil'LizaJane
I found the original recipe in an old (1990's) Southern Living Magazine. I changed a few things and tweeked a few things, and came up with this recipe. Hubby and I love it. I serve it hot, right out of the electric skillet with some crispy garlic bread.
Top Review by Baby Kato
We really enjoyed this quick and easy to make recipe. So much flavor, great textures and the shrimp... was wonderful, even with the spices it still tasted like seafood, which is a big plus in my book. Made as written but used fussilli instead of linguini noodles as I was out. Thank you for sharing a recipe that we will enjoy again and again. Made for What's on the Menu? Tag Game.
- 1 lb uncooked linguine
- 1 lb unpeeled large raw shrimp
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning or 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh parsley or 2 tablespoons dried parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook linguine according to package directions; keep warm.
- Peel and devein shrimp; set aside.
- Melt butter in a large electric skillet set on medium temperature.
- Add onions and garlic to skillet; saute until tender.
- Stir in cajun or creole seasoning; cook, stirring constantly for 1 minute.
- Stir in shrimp and saute until barely pink.
- Add heavy cream; reduce heat to medium low, and simmer for 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in linguine, parmesan cheese, and crushed red pepper, cook mixture, stirring gently, until thoroughly heated.
- Stir in parsley; serve immediately.