Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is seriously a no-brainer! It is so delish! Great as an appetizer, breakfast item, or brunch dish! I also will freeze these in a large ziplock, pulling them out for a breakfast on the go. They just take a minute or so in the microwave if they're frozen!
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine dry bisquick mix, raw sausage, and cheese in a large mixing bowl. (***mixture will be very dry -- so it's important to allow your sausage and cheese to come to room temperature before combining.).
- Spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Form small balls (more like loose clumps)out of mixture, and line balls on baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 30 minutes until browned and crispy!
Love these sausage balls! Have to make them for my nephew for all special family gatherings. TIP: Mix bisquick and shredded cheese together in a bowl, put sausage in a separate bowl. Add 1/2 cup bisquick/cheese mixture to sausage bowl and mix until well blended. (Hands are your best tool of course.)<br/>Continue this process until all mixture and sausage is complete.
I've been making these for years! They are one of my favorites. I usually use less bisquick. I think about 1 cup and I usually use Jimmy Dean hot or spicy sausage. I also make a dip using an egg yolk, dijon mustard some vinegar and sugar. I'll have to try to actually measure, I just add and mix until it "tastes right". Next time I make them I'll come back and post the measurements!
I made these for a Thanksgiving appetitizer and they were very good. They were popular with the adults and children. I did have problems with the recipe. The mixture was too dry to mix, so I had to leave a lot of cheese and bisquick in the bottom of the bowl. I didn't really like that waste. But they turned out great (I loved the crispiness) with less ingredients, so the next time I make them, I will halve the cheese and bisquick.