Recipe by KPD
This is seriously a no-brainer! It is so delish! Great as an appetizer, breakfast item, or brunch dish! I also will freeze these in a large ziplock, pulling them out for a breakfast on the go. They just take a minute or so in the microwave if they're frozen!
Top Review by jenden9386
Love these sausage balls! Have to make them for my nephew for all special family gatherings. TIP: Mix bisquick and shredded cheese together in a bowl, put sausage in a separate bowl. Add 1/2 cup bisquick/cheese mixture to sausage bowl and mix until well blended. (Hands are your best tool of course.)<br/>Continue this process until all mixture and sausage is complete.
- 2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1 lb spicy bulk sausage (breakfast sausage...i use jimmy dean hot)
- 1 lb sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine dry bisquick mix, raw sausage, and cheese in a large mixing bowl. (***mixture will be very dry -- so it's important to allow your sausage and cheese to come to room temperature before combining.).
- Spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Form small balls (more like loose clumps)out of mixture, and line balls on baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 30 minutes until browned and crispy!