Recipe by Mrs. Moss
I love spicy foods, and i only make these every blue moon, and when i do my fiance can't get enough of them. I normaly add hot sauce, cilantro, and onions, but i didn't add it to this, but your welcome to add it to the salmon mixture before breading.
- 2 (7 ounce) cans salmon
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- seasoning salt
- garlic powder
- crushed red pepper flakes
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal or 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 3⁄4 cup canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- OPEN THE CANS OF SALMON AND DISCARD THE JUICE INTO THE SINK OR A BOWL.
- HAVE THE SALMON FACING TOWARD YOU AND YOU SHOULD SEE A SMALL ROUND WHITE OR OPAQUE CIRCLE IN THE MIDDLE. THAT IS THE BONE, GENTLY PULL APART THE SALMON (FROM BOTH SIDES, LIKE BREAKING OPEN A MUFFIN) FROM WHERE THE BONE IS AND IT SHOULD BE ONE LONG SPINE LOOKING PIECE. REMOVE THE ENTIRE PIECE, SOMETIMES ONE CAN WILL HAVE TWO STRINGS OF BONE SO JUST TURN THE SALMON OVER AND LOOK FOR ANOTHER BONE. DON’T WORRY ABOUT THE LITTLE BONES ON THE SIDE, THOSE WILL COOK DOWN TO A GEL AND YOU WON’T TASTE IT.
- AFTER DE-BONING THE SALMON BREAK IT APART WITH A FORK AND ADD THE SEASONING SALT, GARLIC POWDER, & CRUSHED RED PEPPER (ADD ALL TO TASTE), EGGS, 1/3 ITALIAN BREAD CRUMBS AND MIX TOGETHER.
- NOW IT’S TIME TO MAKE THE BREADING, PUT THE FLOUR, ½ CORN MEAL/ BREAD CRUMBS AND SALT AND PEPPER IN BOWL AND SIFT TOGETHER WITH A FORK.
- TAKE AN AMPLE AMOUNT OF THE SALMON MIXTURE AND MOLD IT INTO A PATTIE NO BIGGER THAN THE PALM OF YOUR HAND AND COVER BOTH SIDES WITH THE BREADING.
- AFTER THE OIL HAS HEATED IN THE FRYING PAN ( IT WILL LOOK LIKE LITTLE WAVES OF RIPPLES) PLACE PATTIES INTO THE HOT OIL.
- They should hold together, let them reach a nice dark golden brown on each side and when you take them out put them on a paper towel on a plate. For an extra kick squeeze fresh lime juice on them as soon as you take them out of the pan, just before they cool.