Recipe by AuntDee
My family apparently likes their pumpkin pie with more flavor than most people. I've tried a few of the most popular pumpkin pie recipes on this site and I get "It doesn't taste right", or "It tastes like something's missing". Anyway, here's my version.
Top Review by HotPepperRosemaryJelly
This was a delicious pumpkin pie. I liked the brown sugar addition instead of white. I used Penzy's spices and vanilla. It makes all the difference in the world of baking if you use good spices. I never buy spices on sale from anywhere. We really liked this pie! Made this for the Undercover Pie Photo Event! Thank you for a great recipe! Jelly :)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 prepared pie crust
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs with sugar until foamy.
- Add pumpkin and all seasonings, mixing well.
- Add the milk and mix well.
- Pour into prepared pie crust.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 350 degrees and bake an additional 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean.