Chocolate Pumpkin Pie
- Ready In:
- 1hr 50mins
1 9-inch pie
- 1 store-bought pie crusts (for 9-inch pie) or 1 homemade pre-rolled pie crust (for 9-inch pie)
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup, plus 1/4 cup
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 4 large eggs, divided
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, blend
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups light caramel sauce
- 1 cup pecans, toasted and roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and place rack on lower 3rd of the oven. Transfer pie dough to a 9-inch pie plate and crimp edges. Refrigerate until firm and well chilled, at least 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, melt chocolate and butter, stirring until smooth. Whisk in 1/2 cup maple syrup, cocoa powder and 1 egg until well combined; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk pumpkin puree, heavy cream, pumpkin pie spice blend, 1/4 cup maple syrup, vanilla extract, pinch salt and remaining 3 eggs until well combined. Spoon about 1/4 cup pumpkin mixture into chocolate and whisk to combine.
- Pour half of the pumpkin mixture into the prepared pie crust, then pour in the chocolate mixture. Top with remaining pumpkin and use the back of a knife to make swirls through the layers.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until filling has a slight jiggle when moved and crust is browned. Cool pie on a wire rack completely before slicing.
- In a small saucepan, heat caramel sauce and pecans over medium low heat. Drizzle over slices of pie to serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!