- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 cups cubed peeled potatoes (1/2 inch cubes)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pepper
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a Dutch oven or large kettle, brown ground beef.
- Add potatoes, onion and tomato sauce.
- Stir in water, salt, pepper, and hot pepper sauce; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour or until potatoes are tender and the soup has thickened.