Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From Cooking Light. Serving size: 2/3 c. pasta and 1 2/3 c. broth mixture. Per serving: 386 calories, 11.2 g fat, 19.4 g protein, 52.9 g carb, 6.7 g fiber, 23 mg cholesterol.
- 1 lb collard greens
- 1⁄2 lb chorizo sausages or 1⁄2 lb spicy sausage, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 3 cups chopped onions
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 (16 ounce) cans fat-free chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups hot cooked fettuccine
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove and discard stems from collards; wash thoroughly and pat dry; cut crosswise into 1-inch strips.
- Cook sausage in a large pot over medium heat until browned; remove sausage to a paper towel-lined plate using a slotted spoon.
- Add onion and garlic to sausage drippings; stir/saute for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add in collards, sausage, and broth; bring to a boil.
- Cover, lower heat, and simmer 25 minutes or until collards are tender.
- Add in beans and pepper; cook 10 minutes.
- Distribute pasta into 6 large bowls; top with broth mixture.