Recipe by ellie_
Fried pork chop recipe that kids like. We like these served with rice and broccoli. Recipe adapted from Bon Appetit (December 1981)
- 3 slices bacon, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 4 pork loin chops, 3/4 inch thick trimmed of excess fat
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine bacon, onion and garlic in skillet over medium-high heat and cook until bacon is crisp.
- Drain fat.
- Add soy sauce, lemon juice, honey, chili powder, curry powder and salt (if using) and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer.
- While sauce is simmering, fry pork chops in a separate skillet over med-high heat until brown (10 minutes).
- Spoon bacon sauce mixture over pork chops.
- Cover and reduce heat to low.
- Cook for 30 minutes or until done.