My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb penne (substitute corkscrew or other pasta)
- 1 lb turkey sausage (sweet or hot)
- 1 lb asparagus spear
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 package sliced mushroom
- 1 (8 ounce) package crumbled feta
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
- kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- lemon wedge (for serving)
- 1Boil water for pasta with 1 tbsp.
- 2kosher salt.
- 3Trim woody ends off asparagus spears (leaving about 3/4) and chop remaining into 2-inch pieces.
- 4Seed bell pepper and cut into small strips.
- 5Take sausage meat out of casing and fry in olive oil in wok or other large fry pan.
- 6Break sausage into small pieces, and add crushed red pepper flakes (to suit desired spiciness, using less for hot turkey sausage.) Begin to boil the pasta (6-8 minutes for al dente).
- 7While this is cooking, add asparagus, mushrooms, and red pepper strips to same pan with sausage.
- 8Stir fry over medium-high heat for about five minutes until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 9Turn off heat, and drain pasta.
- 10Toss drained pasta with vegetable-turkey mixture, adding a small amount of extra virgin olive oil if desired.
- 11Add salt& pepper to taste.
- 12Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- 13(Dish is served warm, not piping hot. May also be served room temperature or cold on hot days.) After cooling slightly, toss lightly with feta and chopped parsley.
- 14Serve with lemon wedges, crusty bread and white wine for easy summer entertaining.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Penne with Turkey Sausage, Asparagus & Feta
Serving Size: 1 (322 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 621.6
- Calories from Fat 256
- Total Fat 28.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 155.1 mg
- Sodium 900.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.6 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 25.8 g