Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
If you don't like food too spicy, start with only 1 teaspoon of chili paste. The sauce should be the consistency of unwhipped cream. If it is too thick, add a bit more water.
For Peanut Sauce
- 1⁄3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 -2 teaspoon chili paste with garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- cooking spray
- 4 cups cooked thick udon noodles or 4 cups linguine (8 ounces uncooked)
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into julienne strips
- 3⁄4 cup chopped seeded cucumber
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, cut diagonally
- 3 tablespoons roasted peanuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves
- 4 lime wedges (optional)
- To prepare sauce, combine peanut butter, soy sauce, rice vinegar, chili paste, sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt; stir with a whisk.
- To prepare the shrimp, toss with 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Saute in nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat for 3 minutes on each side or until done.
- To prepare pasta, combine peanut sauce, shrimp noodles, bell pepper, cucumber, and onions in a large bowl; toss well.
- Sprinkle with chopped peanuts and cilantro.
- Serve with lime wedges, if desired.