Spicy Peanut Noodles With Chicken
photo by The Hungry Hutch
- Ready In:
- canola oil (any neutral oil) or corn oil (any neutral oil)
- 1 cup julienned carrot
- 1 cup snow peas
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
- black pepper
- white pepper
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- 1 lb whole wheat angel hair pasta
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup chili sauce (sriracha)
- crushed peanuts (optional)
- In a wok (or skillet) with oil, sear the carrots and snow peas separately and season with salt and black pepper; reserve.
- Season chicken with salt, black pepper, white pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder; saute.
- In a large pot with salted water, cook the pasta according to the instructions until done.
- Meanwhile, combine the peanut butter, vinegar, soy sauce, and sriracha in a large bowl; taste and adjust to your liking.
- Toss the pasta, vegetables, and chicken together in the peanut sauce. Serve with crushed peanuts as a garnish.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm what they call a career changer. I originally moved to NYC to start a job on Wall Street. Things were going well, but it wasn't what I wanted to do day in and day out. So, I decided to enroll at The French Culinary Institute to follow my passion for food. Since then I've been filling my days with pots and pans instead of stocks and bonds. The food I love to cook fills your mouth with flavor and your soul with warmth.</p>