Recipe by GoldsmithLissa
Makes a great appetizer, party snack, side dish or main course! Also try using assorted seafood such a tilapia, crab, scallops, etc. I included the ketchup, but you can use sweet Ecuadorian tomato sauce as traditional or skip it altogether as I prefer! Some also like it on the side and let the guests choose. You can also place a dollop on the side of the martini glass as some restaurants do. You can flash cook the shrimp if preferred by placing in boiling water for 2 minutes before peeling and deveining them. You can make this with only an hour or so of "cooking" in the citrus juices, as you prefer. Also...I use 2-3 jalapenos and occasionally habenero for extra pep! Serve with a crisp but fruity sauvignon blanc (rochioli or girard)
Top Review by Joe R.
Plagiarize much? https://www.tablascreek.com/media/files/pdf/TCV_recipe_orangeshrimp.pdf ...it's a terrific recipe. And it's called attribution when you completely copy someone else's work. Sheesh.
- 1 lb large shrimp
- 3⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 -2 jalapeno, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- sea salt
- hot sauce
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium tomatoes, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro, plus leaves for garnish
- 1 Belgian endive, spears separated
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and devein shrimp. Pat dry.
- In a large bowl, whisk the ketchup with the orange juice. Add the lime and lemon juices, garlic, jalapeño, oregano, pepper, cumin, cinnamon and cloves and season generously with salt and hot sauce. Add the shrimp, red onion, tomato and chopped cilantro. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight; stir once or twice.
- Spoon the shrimp and sauce into martini glasses or onto small plates, garnish with endive spears and cilantro leaves and serve.