Recipe by Geema
You can use a variety of vegetables in this salad, chosing those that marry well with the Oriental style dressing. It's a great side dish for your favorite grilled meat. Or add some grilled shrimp or chicken for a main dish salad. I like to use Japanese Soba noodles or rice noodles in place of the spaghetti for a change.
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 10 ounces thin spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 ounces fresh pea pods, julienned
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 2 red bell peppers, julienned
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 1⁄4 cup toasted sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the vinegar, soy sauce, 3 tablespoons oil, sugar, ginger garlic and cayenne pepper into a small bowl, whisking until combined. Cover and let stand 2 hours.
- Cook noodles according the the instructions on the package, draining well and tossing with 1 tablespoon oil.
- Combine all vegetables with cooked noodles.
- Toss with the reserved dressing.
- Sprinkle with the toasted sesame seeds and optional cilantro.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.