Recipe by Shazzie
I found this recipe in the South African Meat Cookbook by Sannie Smit. A very tasty and tender stew made from one of the cheaper beef cuts,which can be fozen for up to two months.
- 6 slices beef, boneless neck, 2 inches thick
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 onion, sliced (I use more)
- 8 ounces spinach, chopped (either fresh or frozen)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄4 pint natural yoghurt
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a heavy-based saucepan, brown the meat in the heated cooking oil.
- Add onion and spinach and sauté.
- Add remaining ingredients, except yoghurt and parsley, and simmer for 1 and a half to 2 hours or until meat is tender.
- (The dish may be frozen at this point).
- Just before serving, stir in youghurt and reheat gently.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.