Recipe by Geema
These lamb chops provide a powerpunch of flavor that is toned down by the coolness of the tomato-cucumber raita. It's spicy and refreshing all at the same time! Feel free to cut down on the curry power and cayenne to suit your own preference or for a milder version. You can have these chops on the table in just over 30 minutes.
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 4 bone-in shoulder lamb chops, 1/2 inch thick
- 8 ounces plain yogurt, whole milk or 8 ounces low-fat plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber, peeled seeded and diced small
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, peeled seeded and diced small
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon minced garlic
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine yogurt, cucumber, tomato, mint, mayonnaise, lime juice, 1/2 tsp salt and minced garlic in a medium bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Combine curry powder, sugar, cumin, 1 tsp salt, cayenne pepper, and nutmeg in a small bowl.
- Generously press the spice rub over both sides of the lamb chops.
- Grill, or pan grill chops over medium-hot heat for 2-3 minutes per side for medium rare.
- Serve with the cucumber-tomato raita.