Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love these meatballs. You can fire them up with cayenne pepper.
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 2 Italian sausages
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 -2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt (adjust to your taste)
- 1 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 small onion (diced)
- 2 eggs
- 1 -2 teaspoon cilantro (chopped)
- 1 -2 teaspoon parmesan cheese
- olive oil (for frying)
- cut the sausages in half and squeeze the meat out onto a mixing bowl.
- Mix ground beef with sausage meat with hands.
- Mix cayenne pepper, garlic salt, cilantro, onion. parmesan cheese and basil with the meat mixture. Mix thoroughly.
- Beat eggs in a separate bowl.
- Pour eggs into the meat while adding bread crumbs. Add bread crumbs till the meat mixture is firm.
- Make 1 inch meatballs with hands.
- Fry meatballs in olive oil until brown.
- Enjoy with pasta sauce.
I liked these, but DH found them a bit too spicy for Italian style meatballs - they were nice however! We ate them with pasta and a simple tomato sauce. I think I will leave out the sausage meat next time - or just use one sausage. Thanks!