Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love guacamole and this is my all time favorite way to make it.
- 4 avocados (I prefer Haas)
- 1 limes or 1 lemon
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (4 ounce) cansliced black olives
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce (more or less to your taste)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped finely
- squeeze the juice from lime or lemon into a big bowl.
- cut avocados in half, remove pits. I like to use a knife and slice diagonally and horizontally through the avocado flesh then use a spoon to scoop into the bowl. This gives me a nice chunky mixture with pretty uniform sizes. I don't mash my guacamole as I like it chunky.
- add all other ingredients to bowl and mix until blended.
- cover with plastic wrap and chill for about 30 minutes to let the flavors blend then serve.
- Great with chips or as a condiment for Tex-Mex.
I'm not a big guacamole fan, but many of my friends are, & they really enjoyed this one, even though I did cut back on the amount of hot sauce! Thanks for sharing your recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick A Chef]