Recipe by Bergy
Lovely as part of a buffet (then the recipe serves 8) or as the main part of your meal (serves 4) good with rice. Quite spicy but you can control the heat
Top Review by Peter J
Beautiful! I made as described other than I didn't have tomato chili sauce so used a blend of ketchup and chili sauce that I thought would be similar. It made a quick and delicious main course served along with a salad.
- 1 cup tomato chili sauce
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard (if you want them really hot use Chinese dry mustard)
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 1⁄2 lbs large shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails left on
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together chili sauce, honey, mustard, horseradish, oil, thyme and chili powder.
- Toss prawns in the marinade, stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Heat the broiler.
- Place prawns in a single layer on a foil covered cookie sheet.
- Broil 2" from the heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Turn after 2 minutes.
- Do not overcook the prawns should be firm, opaque and slightly charred on the edges.