Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Sweet,tart and salty. Very tasty from Southern Living.
Make and share this Spicy Ginger-And-Orange Chicken With Broccoli recipe from Food.com.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 lb broccoli, cut into florets
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1⁄2 small sweet onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup orange marmalade
- 2 large oranges, peeled, sectioned, and coarsley chopped
- Place chicken and soy sauce in a shallow dish or zip lock bag. Cover or seal and chill for 15 minutes.
- Cook broccoli in boiling water 3 minutes; drain. Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain. Set aside.
- Drain chicken, reserving soy sauce; dredge chicken slices in cornstarch.
- Brown chicken, in batches, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium high heat 1 minute on each side or until done. Remove chicken from skillet, reserving drippings in skillet; keep chicken warm.
- Add reserved soy sauce,onion and next 5 ingredients to drippings in skillet; saute 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add chicken broth and marmalade, stirring until marmalade is melted. Return chicken to skillet. Bring to a boil stir in broccoli and orange sections, and serve immediately.