1 hr 40 mins
I adapted this one from a great cookbook called 'The Fish Cookbook'. A good all year round recipe, I like to serve this with roast potatoes and a green vegetable.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE FISH BALLS
- 500 g white fish fillets, skinned & boned
- 2 teaspoons coriander, finely chopped
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 150 ml single cream or 150 ml natural yoghurt
- 125 g fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/2 lemon
- sunflower oil, to fry
- 1Wash the fish, pat dry with kitchen paper and cut into small pieces.
- 2Place into the bowl of a food processor with the coriander, salt, pepper, eggs, cream or yoghurt, half the breadcrumbs and the lemon juice and process for 45 seconds until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- 3Chill the mixture for an hour.
- 4Whizz all the sauce ingredients together in a food processor or blender to make a smooth sauce.
- 5When you are ready to cook the fish balls, pre-heat the oven to gas mark 6, 400F (200C).
- 6Heat a little oil in a heavy frying pan.
- 7Using your hands, form the fish mixture into snooker sized balls, roll them in the remaining breadcrumbs and fry them gently, turning them occasionally until they are an even golden brown.
- 8Place the cooked fish balls in a shallow baking dish and pour over the sauce.
- 9Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until bubbling.
Browse Our Top Healthy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Healthy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Fish Balls in Tomato Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (388 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 438.4
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 213.2 mg
- Sodium 483.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 32.9 g