1/1 Photo of Spicy Creamy Pasta With Shrimp
This recipe is an accidental yet delicious result of many nights of experiments and mistakes. You can adjust the level of spice and the creaminess to your taste. I like it highy spiced and lightly creamy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 7/8 ounce) package fresh linguine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 lb shrimp (medium count, peeled, deveined, rinsed, patted dry)
- 1 1/3 cups dry white wine (pick one you like to drink)
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- salt, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomato
- 1Mix in a bowl - chipotle powder, paprika, cajun, thyme and rosemary. This will be our spice blend.
- 2Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a skillet.
- 3Add the finely chopped garlic and red pepper flakes and stir for a minute.
- 4Then add HALF the spice blend and mix well.
- 5Now is the time to add a tiny bit of butter for flavor if you want - I rarely do.
- 6Add the shrimp and let it cook for 2 minutes before stirring.
- 7Toss the shrimp in the mixture for a minute more, then remove into a bowl and keep warm.
- 8Into your skillet, add the white wine and the other half of your spice blend. Stir.
- 9Cook until the wine comes to a boil then reduces to almost half.
- 10In the meantime, cook your pasta according to package directions.
- 11Back to your sauce - add the half and half, mix well.
- 12Season to taste with salt. Taste and adjust the spice to your taste (add more spice blend to make it spicier or more half n half to make it milder).
- 13Remove the sauce from heat before the cream starts to boil.
- 14Pour the sauce into cooked, drained pasta, add the shrimp you set aside earlier and toss. Cover, set aside.
- 15Put the same skillet back on heat, spray with cooking spray and add the asparagus.
- 16Cook for a few minutes until tender crisp.
- 17In the meantime, place the sun-dried tomatoes in a small bowl and pour boiling water over it.
- 18Let it soak for 2 minutes, then drain and squeeze out the water.
- 19Add the asparagus and sun-dried tomatoes into the pasta and toss.
- 20Serve the pasta topped with grated good quality parmesano-reggiano and some chopped parsley.
- 21Pasta will taste better when it is kept covered for a while to allow the pasta to soak the sauce. It will also taste better when served with homemade bread brushed lightly with garlic butter and the rest of that bottle of wine. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Creamy Pasta With Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (389 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 459.2
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 277.5 mg
- Sodium 373.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 34.1 g