Prep 35 mins
Cook 17 mins
I collect quesadilla recipes and this is a great meatless one. It is the best with corn cut fresh from the cob.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 3 cups corn, fresh,frozen,or canned cut
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 -2 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups monterey jack cheese or 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese (I use half of each)
- 8 flour tortillas (8-10 inch)
- Let the oil heat in a large skillet.
- Add the onion and garlic; saute for 5 minutes or until the onion is softened.
- Add in the carrot; saute for 2 mintues.
- ADd the jalapeno pepper, corn, cumin, coriander, and cilantro; stir to combine.
- Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes; stir often.
- Add salt and pepper to taste; remove skillet from heat.
- Add in the cheese; stir.
- Cover and let stand for a minute or two, until the cheese is partly melted.
- Spread 1/8 of the filling onto the lower half of each tortilla--leave 1/2 inch border from the edge.
- Fold the plain half of the tortilla over the filling.
- Place the quesadilla in a heated, lightly oiled skillet and cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until the cheese is melted and filling is heated.
- Cut into wedges and serve.
I did not use the grated carrot, otherwise followed the recipe with the exception of adding a thin layer of sour cream to the inside of the tortilla prior to putting together. I like (if I don't have fresh corn) using canned no salt added vaccuum packed corn, it tastes the freshest and is slightly sweet too. Thanks for sharing!