Recipe by Chef mariajane
Be sure to put this savoury bread on your Father's Day menu. The smoked mozzarella cheese gives it a nice smokey flavor. The corn bread tastes absolutely delicious with anything on the Barbecue.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil or 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup corn (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup smoked mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F Grease a 9x9-inch baking dish.
- Combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together buttermilk, eggs and oil. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Stir until just combined. Stir in corn, smoked mozzarella and jalepano.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish. Bake in preheated oven 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.