Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Australian BH&G Diabetic Living. HAVE NOT included cooling time for rice.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 200 g chicken thigh fillets (trimmed of fat)
- cooking spray
- 70 g low-fat yogurt (1/4 cup natural Greek style)
- 20 g Baby Spinach (leaves)
- 1⁄2 lemon (cut into wedges to serve)
Carrot and Herb Salad
- 60 g rice (Doongara specified 1/4 cup)
- 2 carrots (coarsely grated)
- 1⁄4 cup coriander (fresh leaves)
- 1⁄4 cup mint (fresh leaves)
- 125 g green beans (trimmed and sliced)
- 1 spring onion (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons orange juice (fresh)
- ground black pepper (fresh)
- Cook the rice in a small saucepan of boiling water following packet directions and set aside for 15 minutes to cool.
- Preheat a barbecue grill to medium high.
- Put the ground coriander, cinnamon, turmeric and cumin in a medium shallow dish and add the chicken and turn to coat.
- Spray each side of chicken fillets with cooking spray and put on the barbecue grill and reduce the heat to medium and cook on each side for 5 to 6 minutes or until cooked through and transfer to a plate and cover loosely with foil and set aside for 2 to 3 minutes to rest.
- CARROT AND HERB SALAD - put the cooled rice, carrot, coriander, mint, beans and spring onion in a medium bowl.
- Add the orange juice and season with pepper and toss to combine.
- Slice the chicken and divide between plates and top with the yoghurt and serve with the salad, spinach and lemon wedges.
this is a great dinner. I did skip some of the ingredients (coriander leaves and the yogurt) but made as directed - but used a grill pan instead of the grill.