From Australian BH&G Diabetic Living. HAVE NOT included cooling time for rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 200 g chicken thigh fillets (trimmed of fat)
- cooking spray
- 70 g low-fat yogurt (1/4 cup natural Greek style)
- 20 g Baby Spinach (leaves)
- 1/2 lemon (cut into wedges to serve)
Carrot and Herb Salad
- 1Cook the rice in a small saucepan of boiling water following packet directions and set aside for 15 minutes to cool.
- 2Preheat a barbecue grill to medium high.
- 3Put the ground coriander, cinnamon, turmeric and cumin in a medium shallow dish and add the chicken and turn to coat.
- 4Spray each side of chicken fillets with cooking spray and put on the barbecue grill and reduce the heat to medium and cook on each side for 5 to 6 minutes or until cooked through and transfer to a plate and cover loosely with foil and set aside for 2 to 3 minutes to rest.
- 5CARROT AND HERB SALAD - put the cooled rice, carrot, coriander, mint, beans and spring onion in a medium bowl.
- 6Add the orange juice and season with pepper and toss to combine.
- 7Slice the chicken and divide between plates and top with the yoghurt and serve with the salad, spinach and lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Chicken With Carrot and Herb Salad
Serving Size: 1 (379 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 424.2
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 85.1 mg
- Sodium 172.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 28.5 g