Recipe by Evie*
one of my favourites
Top Review by ratherbeswimmin'
Dyno-mite!!! We love stir-fry and this is one of the best we have tried. The chicken coated in the seasonings and spices really jazzes things up. The veggies made the stir-fry so colorful and tasty. The lime-honey sauce just tops it of with a wonderful sweet-sour flavor. I served this with steamed rice. We salute you Evie*
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 spring onions
- 4 celery ribs
- 2 small red peppers, seeded
- 1 yellow pepper, seeded
- 3 courgettes
- 6 ounces mange-touts peas
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon clear honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the turmeric, ginger, salt, pepper, cumin, coriander and sugar in a bowl until well combined.
- Cut chicken into bite-sized strips.
- Add to the spice mixture and stir to coat thoroughly.
- Set aside.
- Prepare the vegetables.
- Cut the spring onions, celery and peppers into 2 in long thin strips.
- Cut the courgettes at a slight angle into thin rounds and top and tail the mangetouts.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok.
- Stir fry the chicken in batches until cooked through and golden brown, adding a little more oil if necessary.
- Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Add a little more oil to the pan and cook onions, celery, peppers and courgettes over a medium heat for about 8-10 minutes, until beginning to soften and turn golden.
- Add the mangetout and cook a further 2 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the pan, with the lime juice and honey.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Adjust the seasoning and serve immediately.