Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a spicy rub that is great on chicken.
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 teaspoons paprika
- 3 teaspoons black pepper
- 3 teaspoons garlic (Put through garlic press)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 eggs
- 8 -10 chicken drumsticks
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Mix all ingredients except the chicken in a large bowl. Roll the chicken in the mixture so it is well covered.
- Cook for 20 to 40 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.
It was good. Needing more salt. Very Juicy on the inside. I pulled the skin off of mine. It didn't say to do that. Maybe would have been better for the batter to grab on to. Rather than just the meat. It's an interesting concept/spin to fried chicken.
Had some drumsticks & did not want to fry. Came across this receipe & thought I would try. The only change I made was lowering the pepper by a tsp. as 3 seemed like a lot for our taste. Enjoyed the flavour & ease of the receipe I just found the coating thickened on the bottom of the chicken & pulled off when removed from the tray. Thanks!
My husband is diabetic and we have been trying to find new ways to do chicken. This rub is not too spicy, but has that little kick that makes you say, um?? We had plenty to do 15 drumsticks and could have done more.