Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I like these with a blue cheese dip, but go for whatever you like yourself. If you prefer you could use boneless chicken thighs, they will need a bit longer cooking. Prep time does not include chilling
- 4 chicken breasts, cut in finger-width strips and halved length-wi necessary
- 255.14-283.49 g spicy tortilla chips, the amount will depend on the size of the chicken breasts
- 44.37 ml seasoned flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- oil (for frying)
- Put the tortilla chips in a plastic bag and crush them with a rolling pin until they become coarse crumbs.
- Put them in a shallow bowl.
- Dip the chicken strips in the flour, then into the egg and finally in the tortilla crumbs.
- Chill for at least half an hour.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and cook for a few minutes on each side until golden, crisp and cooked through.
- If you have to do it in batches keep them warm in the oven.
- Serve with a salsa or your own favorite dip.
When I asked the family how many stars they thought this should get the answer all but one was 5 stars! The other? 500!!!! This is an easy to follow, gorgeous looking recipe! I used spicer nacho cheese tortilla chips! Fnatastic flavor! Most of the family dipped these in sour cream. Me? I went for garlic ranch dressing! The family asked me when I was going to make these again (and they never like anything close together, so I think ti say this was a HIT is a major understatement! Thanks Annelies for sharing this tasty recipe with us all.
I was a little confused by the seasoned flour as you did not mention what kind of seasonings to use or I'm guessing they make seasoned flour. Since I didn't have any of that on hand I just added salt, pepper and a few dashes of red pepper. These certainly got nice and crunchy, easy to make.
Awesome recipe! I've made similar ones before where you coat chicken in doritos or other chips, but this one is the best so far since you actually fried it in oil...the rest I've done were done in the oven and just didn't have that nice crunch that these had. These were really easy and tasty too! I'll be making these again, and it will be fun to experiment with the different flavors of Doritos that are out there. Thanks for posting!