Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Oooh, I can't wait to make this one - I love Middle Eastern food! From the net for Zaar World Tour 05!
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 chicken breast halves, on the bone skin on
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup tahini
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- cayenne, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and the spices in a small bowl. Put the chicken and spices in a mixing bowl and toss. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Put the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in an ovenproof skillet over medium heat.
- Brown the chicken 1½ to 2 minutes on the meaty side, then turn and brown for 3 to 4 minutes on the skin side. Pour out any excess oil. Transfer the skillet to the oven and cook for about 30 minutes, or until the chicken is just cooked through. Serve with Tahini-Yogurt Sauce.
- Tahini-Yoghurt Sauce:.
- Mix tahini, yogurt, lemon juice, cilantro, garlic, and honey together in a bowl. Season with salt, pepper, and cayenne to taste. Serve at room temperature. Refrigerate if not using immediately, but this sauce should not be kept more than 24 hours.
Yum! Made this last night - chicken deelish but I used creme fraiche in the sauce instead of yoghurt and served it warm which I felt complemented the dish better.
The chicken was good and easy, but thought that there was too much tahini in the sauce. For me, it would be better with half or a quarter of the tahini. But the basic flavor was good.
This was great! Dh was impressed that the chicken breasts (I used boneless)were cooked but still tender & juicy. YIPPEEE!!!!! We loved the sauce; it was delicious. I did skip the cilantro because I can't stand the stuff. Thanks!