Recipe by m0m
This is a healthy and easy meal. I serve it with a tossed green salad. If queso fresco is not available, use a white cheese like Monterray jack.
Top Review by angie6541
This was a very tasty dinner. Something a bit different! Took the advice of reviewer and cut back on the oil and it was fine. Also a drizzle of fresh lime juice brightened the flavors! Will definitely make this again and maybe throw a bit of corn in for a different crunch.
- 4 -6 boneless chicken breast halves, cut into bite size pieces
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (heaping)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 -4 jalapenos, seeded and chopped
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 lb queso fresco, grated and crumbled
- 1 lb pasta, cooked al dente (bow ties are good)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large skillet and add chicken, chili powder, cumin and garlic powder.
- Saute until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Return skillet to heat and lightly saute jalapenos and green onions.
- Stir in black beans and tomatoes to heat them.
- Add chicken and pasta.
- Remove from heat and toss with cheese and cilantro.