Vegetarian Bean Pasta
- Ready In:
- 12 ounces dry linguine
- 28 ounces canned tomatoes or 28 ounces fresh tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 -3 cloves garlic
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley or 3 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 cup green olives or 1/4 cup kalamata olive
- feta or Fontina cheese, as garnish (optional)
- course black pepper
- Start water in large pot to boil noodles.
- Heat oil in a wide/deep skillet (or pot large enough for all ingredients except noodles),blade crush and mince garlic, add when oil is hot.
- Dice fresh tomatoes or open cans quickly so the garlic doesn't burn; slightly brown is fine, but garlic needs only a brief period to release aroma.
- Add tomatoes, parsley, oregano, and I add pepper now too if coarse black pepper is available; if not, just add some fine black to taste when serving.
- When tomato mixture begins to bubble, cover and reduce heat to simmer (about 3 min).
- Now is a good time to drain noodles if you haven't already.
- Make sure you drain off all excess water, and please don't add oil to noodles.
- Time to add beans and olives to tomatoes, cook 1 minute.
- Serve as common noodles by pour over or mixing, sprinkle with cheese or salt/pepper to taste.
- If you used fresh parsley and have any left over you can sprinkle that on top, how versatile.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This was very tasty! This was just the recipe I needed today as it finished up some ingredients I needed to use! I halved the recipe and used fresh tomatoes, fresh parsley, and kalamata olives. My tomatoes were very juicy so I cooked the sauce a few minutes longer to thicken it some. I highly recommend using the feta garnish, as it really brought everything together. Thanks so much for the recipe!