- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Toss together cheese, flour, mustard and cayenne.
- Mix in butter.
- Knead with your hands to form a dough.
- If the dough feels very dry, add a tablespoon of water.
- On a floured surface, roll out half the dough to a thickness between 1/8- and 1/4-inch.
- Cut into squares.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheets and bake 10 to 12 minutes until lightly browned on the bottom.
- Remove to a rack to cool.