Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Sweet blend of apple, pumpkin, zucchini, carrot, nuts, flaxseed, and spices. Sweetened with Splenda. My personal combination of flavors and nutrition. This recipe can be modified to fit your own personal taste as long as porportions stay the same.
- 1⁄2 cup Fiber One cereal
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 0.5 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1⁄2 zucchini (shredded)
- 1⁄2 carrot (shredded)
- 2⁄3 cup Splenda granular (No calorie Sweetner)
- 2 tablespoons flax seed meal
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup oatmeal (ground to powder)
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lighlty beat egg whites. Add Fiber One and oil. Set aside.
- Mix together carrot, zucchini, applesauce, and pumpkin.
- Dissolve baking powder and soda in vinegar.
- Stir in all dry ingredients.
- Stir in the egg mixture. Add nuts last.
- Bake in a 8x8 pan for at about 55 minutes.
- Done when inserted toothpick comes out clean.
This was very nice, I used our version of Splenda which is Candarel. It did not rise as high as I had hoped, and it was very dense - but the flavour was WONDERFUL! There were a lots of ingredients, and I did use them all - I might leave out the fibre cereal & the oats next time for personal taste! I loved the nuts in it and it reminded me of a cake I used to bake called Passion cake, but that had pineapple in it. A very nice cake, thanks for posting it Dasha! FT:-)