Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is good with beef,pork,fish and chicken.
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- In a small bowl,mix all ingredients together.
- Use 1 tbsp spice mixture per pound of uncooked beef or pork,2 tsp per pound uncooked fish or chicken.
- Store in airtight container.
- Makes about 1/3 cup.
Love Cajun spice rubs cuz, well, when you're hot, you're hot. That's courtesy of Jerry Reed, who meant it in a different way, but heck, he'll never know.
This is a fabulous rub. I use it on pork tenderloin. Also makes a great "food gift".
girl you have got it going ON with this!!!! ironically when i went to purchase my steaks, there was a bag of cajun spice for sale - and i smugly walked right by anxious to make my own with this recipe and i'm glad i did! the only thing i forgot was thyme. luckily.. it was thyme and not time. an absolute perfect blend! indescribable.. and even me, with the little cooking i do, had most of the spices already. to others - do not be intimidated by the cumin and red pepper, the brown sugar balances it out.