I found this on a recipe card. I haven't made it yet but hope to soon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350º.
- 2Spray bundt pan with nonstick spray.
- 3In large bowl, stir together flour, brown sugar, and salt.
- 4Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 5Reserve 1/2 cup of crumb mixture.
- 6Stir baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg into remaining mixture.
- 7In a small bowl combine eggs and buttermilk.
- 8Add to crumb mixture stirring until just combined.
- 9Sprinkle reserved crumbs and nuts in bottom of prepared pan.
- 10Pour batter over nuts.
- 11Bake 50-55 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- 12Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes.
- 13Remove from pan.
- 14Serve warm or cool thoroughly on wire rack.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Buttermilk Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 353.3
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 36.0 mg
- Sodium 527.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 36.4 g
- Protein 4.3 g