Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
My daughter works at a gourmet deli and this is my version of their bean salad, mine is better.
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 medium red onion, minced
- 1 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 3⁄4 cup salsa, i use thick and chunky medium
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil or 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a bowl, not metal, mix beans, celery, onion, tomato and corn.
- In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients, mix well.
- Pour over bean mixture and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
We love the salsa and lime juice combination in the dressing for this salad, along with the crunch of the celery. The only change I made was to add a little splenda for a bit of sweetness. This would be great for a summer barbecue potluck as it makes a big bowl. Thanks for a great recipe!