Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
In a league of their own when it comes to flavor, these contest-winning baked beans are a snap to assemble using various canned beans, ground pork sausage, barbecue sauce, and seasonings. Serve them as a side with roasted meats or burgers.
- 1 lb jimmy dean ground pork sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 (28 ounce) cansbold-and-spicy baked beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can light kidney beans or 1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, drained
- 3 cups bottled barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pork sausage in an ovenproof Dutch oven over medium-high heat, stirring until sausage crumbled and is no longer pink. Drain, reserving 2 teaspoons drippings in Dutch oven. Return sausage to Dutch oven, and stir in onion, next 8 ingredients, and, if desired, garlic powder.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.