Recipe by The Amaze-Ing Me
This is a very delicious recipe but it has A LOT of ingredients. Once I make it, I make it again and again until the more unusual ingredients run out...no one gets bored or complains because it's that good. I found it in the "Pasta" book from the Food and Wine Books. Hope you enjoy it as much as we have. It has a little KICK to it too! 19 ingredients in just a couple of steps...
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
Mediterranean meets Asia in this interesting culinary fusion. Happily, I tend to have all these ingredients on hand, so this was a great and easy recipe to throw together when I needed to make a quick but delicious supper! Only change, I used up the remainder of two different bags of pasta, some spirals and some flat shells, but I felt they went well with this dish and added interest. Also, once I had combined the sauce ingredients, I heated them very very gently for a couple of moments before tossing with the drained pasta. Lots of colour and spicy flavour made this a different and very enjoyable pasta dish, well worth trying! Thanks for posting!
- 14.79 ml fresh basil, chopped
- 44.37 ml fresh spinach leaves, chopped
- 44.37 ml fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 29.58 ml sun-dried tomatoes, minced
- 44.37 ml heavy cream
- 44.37 ml parmesan cheese (plus more for serving)
- 1 scallion, minced (including green top)
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml tomato paste
- 9.85 ml asian fish sauce (Thai ( nam pla)
- 4.92 ml minced fresh jalapeno
- 4.92 ml lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2.46 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml dried ancho chile powder (or 1/4 teaspoon cayenne and 1/4 teaspoon paprika)
- 1.23 ml salt
- 0.59 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 340.19 g penne
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine spinach, basil, fresh and sun dried tomatoes in a large bowl with the cream, Parmesan,scallion, oil, tomato paste, fish sauce, jalapeno, lime juice, garlic, sugar, chile powder(s), salt, and pepper.
- Boil a large pot of salted water, add uncooked pasta, and cook for about 13 minutes until al dente. Drain.
- Add the pasta to the large bowl and mix well. Serve immediately with some grated Parmesan on top. YUMMY!