Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Delicious apple bars that are great night time treats.
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups apples, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- confectioners' sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
- Cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs.
- Sift together dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture. Stir in rest of ingredients.
- Spread into greased 11x16x1-inch or 9x13-inch pan. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Cool and cut into squares. Sprinkle with confectioner’s sugar.
Great snack type bar. I think I added a little too much chopped apple-(I just eyeballed amt), for they were very moist. Great combination, enjoyed by all. thank you for sharing. Will make again!!!!!