Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Delicious apple bars that are great night time treats.
Make and share this Spicy Apple Bars recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups apples, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- confectioners' sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
- Cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs.
- Sift together dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture. Stir in rest of ingredients.
- Spread into greased 11x16x1-inch or 9x13-inch pan. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Cool and cut into squares. Sprinkle with confectioner’s sugar.
Great snack type bar. I think I added a little too much chopped apple-(I just eyeballed amt), for they were very moist. Great combination, enjoyed by all. thank you for sharing. Will make again!!!!!