Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Food Network Magazine. I haven't made it yet but I think I'll cut back on the salt.
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1⁄4 red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt (I'll use less)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 cup beer
- 1 -2 tablespoon vegetable oil (I'll use coconut oil)
- 2 cups long-grain rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrot, thawed
- Puree cilantro, red onion, garlic cloves, beer, kosher salt and cumin in a blender.
- Fry the mixture in a pot with a few tablespoons of oil, stirring, until fragrant, 5 minutes.
- Add the long-grain rice; stir until glossy.
- Add chicken broth and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in thawed frozen peas and carrots; let sit 5 minutes.