Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups pecan halves
- Combine sugar, cinnamon and milk in a saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Boil to the soft ball stage (234 degrees on candy thermometer). Using a slotted or wooden spoon, add vanilla and pecan halves.
- Stir until pecans are thoroughly coated, then spread on wax paper.
- If pecans tend to stick together, as soon as they are cool enough, break apart and let cool completely.
Tasted fine. The coating was more praline-like than we prefer.
This recipe was wonderful..I love the praline taste, and this really filled the bill.