1/1 Photo of Spiced Prawns
This is a delicious prawn dish with a thick curry sauce served with rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 225 g fresh prawns, shelled and deveined or 225 g frozen prawns, shelled, de-frosted and deveined
- 2 tablespoons flavourless oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cardamom pod
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 450 g tomatoes, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves (to garnish)
- 1In a large saucepan, heat the oil then add the chopped onions, ginger, garlic and cardamom and fry gently for about 10 minutes till softened and light-golden brown.
- 2Then add in the spices and stir and cook for another 10 minutes (you may pour in a little water if you find the spices sticking to the bottom of the pan).
- 3Add in the prawns and stir them so they are evenly coated with the spice mixture then add in the chopped tomatoes and season with salt and bring it to a simmering point.
- 4Then reduce heat to medium-low and cook for about 20-25 minutes uncovered, stirring occasionally, by which time most of the liquid will have evaporated and the tomatoes will have reduced to a thick sauce.
- 5Remove from heat and garnish with chopped coriander and serve straight away.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spiced Prawns
Serving Size: 1 (289 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 288.2
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 141.7 mg
- Sodium 665.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 18.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: