1 hr 30 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine pears and apple juice in a large Dutch oven.
- 2Tie broken cinnamon spices, gingerroot, allspice and cloves in a piece of cheese cloth; add to pear mixture. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until pears are tender.
- 3Drain pears, and discard spice bag.
- 4Mash pears or process in food processor until smooth.
- 5Return pear puree to Dutch oven, and add sugar.
- 6Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 30 to 40 minutes or until mixture thickens, stirring frequently.
- 7Remove from heat, and quickly pour hot pear mixture into hot sterilized jars, leaving 1/4-inch headspace; wipe jar rims.
- 8Cover at once with metal lids, and screw on bands.
- 9Process in boiling water bath for 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spiced Pear Butter
Serving Size: 1 (4074 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 851.6
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 10.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 221.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.0 g
- Sugars 189.6 g
- Protein 2.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: