Spiced Persimmon Butter
photo by Chandra M
- Ready In:
7 1/2 pints
- 12 cups fuyu persimmons, peeled, seeded, chopped
- 2 cups filtered water
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine persimmons and water in a sauce pan. Simmer, covered, until persimmons are soft. Stirring frequently to prevent the bottom from burning.
- Use an immersion blender or upright blender to puree the persimmons and their cooking liquid.
- Strain into a crockpot using a fine mesh sieve. Stir in the remaining ingredients and cook on low until thickened to your liking, about 4 hours. Alternately, simmer on the stove, stirring frequently to prevent burning.
- Transfer the persimmon butter into sterilized half pint jars. Wipe the rims and screw on the lids finger tight. Water bath can for 13 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!